BMC Pediatrics is recruiting new Editorial Board Members. With the increasing visibility of the journal, we wish to expand our Editorial Board to ensure the journal is able to cope with an increasing number of submissions whilst maintaining high editorial standards.
We welcome applications from researchers with expertise in all aspects of pediatrics.
BMC Pediatrics scope and ethos
BMC Pediatrics BMC Pediatrics is an open access journal publishing peer-reviewed research articles in all aspects of health care in neonates, children and adolescents, as well as related molecular genetics, pathophysiology, and epidemiology.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing, and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Pediatrics also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be committed to represent BMC Pediatrics within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer-review.
Role and responsibilities
The Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommends decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Member for BMC Pediatrics should be willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader subject area.
We also encourage all of our Editors to take an active interest in journal development and promotional projects to help increase the visibility of our published research.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Member will report to the Editor of the journal.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Pediatrics and you meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.