|Inclusion Criteria||Exclusion Criteria|
| • Aged 9–15 years.|
• Inactive (self-reported as inactive; no specific criteria applied).
• Participant and parent or guardian able to support lifestyle changes and commit to a 12-week program between July – October 2018 with an intention of ≥80% attendance of all Project GRIT sessions.
|• Known diagnosis of learning disorder and/or medical condition with which the multidisciplinary Project GRIT staff cannot provide sufficient support for, including: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism, Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, or Bipolar Disorder.|
• Known diagnosis of a medical condition which contraindicates high-intensity exercise, including:
o Hypertension as defined by systolic and/or diastolic blood pressure ≥ 95th percentile measured upon three or more occasions
o History or evidence of cardiac abnormalities or family history of hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
o Chronic disease including but not limited to kidney disease, chronic asthma, diabetes (type I or II)
o Orthopaedic or neurological disorder which limits physical activity
o Pulmonary disease
• Current smoker
• Use of steroid medications
• Food allergy which would prevent the child from involvement in healthy eating or cooking demonstration sessions